Friday, December 08, 2006

Crests and Troughs

This week has been so up and down for me. I felt so negative on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - about myself, about what I was doing, about my abilities to do this stuff. I kept thinking that I had chosen the wrong path but what else could I do - I have so much invested in this.

There wasn't even any reason for it. After my crit I made some of the changes she had suggested and my next two lessons doing that went so much better. Plus my crit wasn't actually that horrendous anyway, just I 'hadn't moved on'. Although how much can you move on in 10 days? And I've invested in a book on lesson planning so I'm starting to understand it a bit better now.
I think the fact the my first 3 weeks were pretty great and the past week I haven't felt as confident - plus all the other things I'm doing, like helping with drama club; school shows and masses, are really fun but tiring.
However, on Wednesday I had my Regents meeting which went really well because - how horrible does this sound - everyone else is having problems too! Some had bad crits, others are having other problems but everyone is on the same roller coaster I am. Not that its great but I definitely don't feel so useless now. And I just have to keep reminding myself that I only started this in August!

No comments: