Friday, December 01, 2006

Aaargh, it's nearly over!?

I have had a crit, a mid placement review and completed all my tasks. I have my final crit this placement on Monday and I'm halfway through my assignment. I finish here two weeks yesterday - and I'll be sad to go!

A big problem is that just as some of my classes are settling down and getting used to me and the way I work, I'll be leaving. Six weeks is long enough to just be getting settled in then we're up and shifted again. I think we should have August - December in uni, and January - Easter in one school and Easter - June in another. But then there'd be problems with that too wouldn't there?

I'm in some ways less confident than when I started because I've never had 30 in a class on my own and frankly its unmanageable. Why are Drama and PE the only practical subjects stuck with the upper limit when Art and Music and even Science have far less potential for danger and damage but only get 20 students. I was horrified when I discovered the Drama doesn't count in those rules and now I'm really peeved about the whole thing because its dangerous for them and for me.

However, I feel a lot more comfortable about the actual teaching part of it, managing the classes I have, filling out paperwork, getting realistic targets for my work. Its all good clean fun. And I'm saving my breakdown for Xmas. Oh for the quite sanity of the university - although when I'm back there I'll moan that I want to be back in the field.

No comments: