Friday, January 26, 2007

Placement Ahoy - kind of

Well, I visited my second placement school and it was lovely. But I can't go there, due to various reasons that are nothing to do with the teacher, subject or me. There simply aren't enough classes running to fulfil the requirements I need. So I e-mailed my tutor and now I have to wait for another placement.

This probably won't take too long - I've been told - and it lets me get a head start on my assignment. But it is a bit of a pain.

This week has been a funny one. Everything has been moved back to incorporate the school visit and then yesterday we found out (although we should have looked before really) that there are tutorials today when usually its just a lecture. Which totally messes up my plans for being at the gym for 2 pm. However, it's on PSE which I do find interesting since I fancy doing guidance eventually. But I'm betting they've done it to see how many people are bothering to turn up on a Friday (not many) and who will have noticed. Especially the Friday before placement starts.

I have to admit, I was thinking of skiving until I found there was a tutorial. I don't usually but I was off on Wednesday with a migraine headache and haven't felt quite right since. Probably because I don't give myself enough time to recuperate - I hate being ill!

Still, if I don't find out my placement today I'll have a long weekend until they get me one. Nothing but lazing and studying and walking the dog and cooking and cleaning and...I wish I had lazy weekends!

No comments: