Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hi everyone

I do listen sometimes!

Our contexts tutor David has been plugging blogs when he's supposed to be helping us learn about thinking (only kidding) and since I'm indescribably evil for missing the COMPULSORY ICT lecture on Friday due to having the plague (or maybe just a flu?) I'm going to try this out. If it doesn't work I will again assume that computers hate me and its all someone elses fault so no harm no foul.

As you can see I also talk a lot of nonsense.

Basically this site is to discuss teacher training, and hopefully beyond. It is a record for myself but may be of interest to any other sad souls who find working with teenagers and watching them learn and grow as interesting and fulfilling as I do.

So who am I? I am Elissa Claire Butcher. I was raised to go to school, go to uni, meet a rich man, get married, have kids and work if it suited me. I am an intelligent person hiding behind a social butterfly. Unfortunately the fairy tale was no my reality and I am engaged to a wonderful, skint labourer; have a dog and 2 cats but no kids and am having to find a 'career' (gasps of shock horror!) But I'm surprised to find I enjoy it - even if people keep asking me what a drama teacher actually does and insinuate we don't do any REAL work. So if you sympathize in any way - or even just think I'm a deluded circus freak who should take up knitting - please feel free to comment - I have too big an ego to take offense anyway!

1 comment:

David said...

Hello Elissa

I like to think I was "plugging blogs" while helping you learn about thinking. :-)

I have very much appreciated (is that good English?) your contributions in the tutorial group and I'm looking forward to reading your views and insights in this blog.

Hope all goes well in the up-coming placement.